By Corinne Le Quéré, Eric S. Saltzman
Released by means of the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Geophysical Monograph sequence, quantity 187.
The concentration of Surface Ocean: decrease surroundings Processes is biogeochemical interactions among the skin ocean and the decrease surroundings. This quantity is an outgrowth of the outside Ocean-Lower surroundings research (SOLAS) summer season institution. the amount is designed to supply graduate scholars, postdoctoral fellows, and researchers from quite a lot of educational backgrounds with a foundation for knowing the character of ocean-atmosphere interactions and the present learn concerns during this zone.
The quantity highlights comprise the following:
- Background fabric on ocean and surroundings constitution, flow, and chemistry and on marine ecosystems
- Integrative chapters at the worldwide carbon cycle and ocean biogeochemistry
- Issue-oriented chapters at the iron cycle and dimethylsulfide
- Tool-oriented chapters on biogeochemical modeling and distant sensing
- A framework of underlying physical/chemical/biological ideas, in addition to views on present examine matters within the field.
The readership for this ebook will contain graduate scholars and/or complex undergraduate scholars, postdoctoral researchers, and researchers within the fields of oceanography and atmospheric technology. it's going to even be worthwhile for knowledgeable researchers in particular different disciplines who desire to increase their views at the advanced biogeochemical coupling among ocean and surroundings and the significance of this coupling to knowing international change.