By Syed Naeem Ahmed
Physics and Engineering of Radiation Detection presents an outline of the physics of radiation detection and its functions. It covers the origins and homes of alternative varieties of ionizing radiation, their detection and dimension, and the approaches used to guard humans and the surroundings from their in all likelihood damaging results.
The moment version is totally revised and gives the most recent advancements in detector know-how and analyses software program. additionally, extra fabric regarding measurements in particle physics and an entire ideas handbook were further.
- Discusses the experimental concepts and instrumentation utilized in diversified detection platforms in a really functional manner with out sacrificing the physics content
- Provides valuable formulae and explains methodologies to unravel difficulties relating to radiation measurements
- Contains many worked-out examples and end-of-chapter problems
- Detailed discussions on various detection media, equivalent to gases, drinks, liquefied gases, semiconductors, and scintillators
- Chapters on data, info research strategies, software program for info research, and information acquisition systems