1. Abbreviation search
. the first manner you decide issues in LaunchBar is through typing a number of letters linked to the object you must locate. LaunchBar is sensible (so the abbreviation doesn't must be visible) and learns from what you sort (in case it guessed unsuitable the 1st time).
2. Browsing. occasionally you don't understand what you will want till you spot it. you could browse folders, fresh records for an app, clipboard historical past, snippets, tags, and more.
3. Sub-search. Too many leads to a listing to browse? attempt a sub-search, that's an abbreviation seek restricted to an inventory of seek results.
4. Send To. are looking to open a PDF in PDFpen instead of Preview? connect a record to a brand new e-mail message? Tag a dossier? Skype a touch? you could ship something on LaunchBar's bar to a different app, folder, motion, or service.
5. Instant Send. fast ship is the quickest method to placed a particular dossier or little bit of textual content at the bar, able to open in one other app, circulate to a folder, ship to a Google seek, calculate a consequence, search for in Dictionary, and more.
6. Staging. New in LaunchBar 6.1, staging enables you to decide on and paintings on a number of goods right now in LaunchBar, whether they aren't positioned within the comparable LaunchBar effects record. as soon as chosen, you'll pick out a gaggle of documents after which stream all of them to another folder, tag every one, or ship them as electronic mail attachments.
Don't fear approximately remembering all this -- a will jog your reminiscence until eventually LaunchBar has labored its approach into your fingertips.
Example 1: the main liked LaunchBar functionality is to entry apps speedy -- in particular apps that you simply don't maintain within the Dock. simply invoke LaunchBar (with a keyboard shortcut of your choosing), variety a brief abbreviation -- no matter what turns out ordinary to you -- and press go back (or, take the specific direction with LaunchBar's convenient speedy Open.) LaunchBar doesn't require predefined abbreviations; as an alternative, it adapts to you! this system of gaining access to an app makes use of the Abbreviation seek, superpower #1.
Example 2: as soon as you've develop into familiar with the benefit of having access to any app, you could follow abbreviation seek to different initiatives and start to unharness extra superpowers. One instance is to hire superpower #5, speedy ship, so as to add a publication to iBooks: decide upon an EPUB dossier (like Take keep watch over of LaunchBar!) within the Finder, carry down the main you employ to invoke LaunchBar for an additional moment to choose the dossier at the bar, kind IB to choose iBooks, and press go back to ship the EPUB dossier to iBooks.
We may move on perpetually with our favourite examples: pasting the 3rd merchandise again from the clipboard historical past, relocating a dossier right into a deeply nested folder, growing calendar occasions and reminders, skipping to the subsequent tune in iTunes, operating Terminal instructions, taking a look up phrases in Wikipedia, counting the characters in chosen textual content, typing emoji, tweeting a quote from an editorial, discovering your uncle's telephone quantity, and so forth.
To find out how do all this, and extra, learn the ebook!